Last revised October 12, 2021
User Consent and Policy Changes
Your use of the Fake Brains Platform constitutes your acceptance of this Policy and you expressly consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of information in accordance with this Policy. We may change this Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy by revising the date at the top of the Policy. If the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (for example, by email, notification on our website, or click-through). Please visit our website periodically to view the latest version of this Policy. All changes are effective immediately and apply to all access to and use of the Platform thereafter. Your continued use means that you accept and agree to the updated Policy.
Information We Collect
When you use the Platform, we may collect personal information and other information from you. The types of personal information we may collect includes:
Information You Provide
We collect information you voluntarily provide to us through your use of the Platform. For example, we collect information you provide when you create an account, signup for email updates, request customer support, apply for a job, manage your business through Fake Brains platform, or otherwise communicate with us. The type of information you provide to us through your use of the Platform may include:
- contact information and/or meetup information for your posted jobs, such as your name, address, mobile telephone number, and email address;
- account information login credentials such as an email address and password;
- purchase, return, and transaction information;
- customer service information such as customer service inquiries, comments and history;
- information about your employees such as names, addresses, phone numbers, and bank accounts; and
- information about yourself, others, and communications with others. Fake Brains does not, as a standard practice, receive a log, copy, or transcript of text messages or phone calls made using personal telephone numbers or devices unless we request and you provide us with that information, for example in the event of a dispute.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Fake Brains Platform, we may automatically collect certain information using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, location data, and web beacons. These technologies automatically collect information from you as you use or access the Platform, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifiers, domain name, referring URL, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. In the event you encounter an error on the Platform, we may also collect any page information submitted, including information about how you interacted with the Platform and form values for fields, except that in such instance we do not collect fields containing sensitive information like credit card info or the last four digits of an SSN. We use these technologies to better understand your needs, to remember your preferences, to help us replicate and fix errors, and to support the operations of the Platform.
Location data (Fake Brains App): We collect precise or approximate location data, including to enable property geofencing, to automatically log time spent on sites, and to automatically create and provide proof of services. Fake Brains collects this data when the Fake Brains app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
Information We Obtain From Third-Parties
Additionally, the Fake Brains Platform may contain links to other websites not operated or controlled by Fake Brains and that do not apply to your use of the Platform. The policies and procedures we described here do not apply to any third-party links or websites. We may provide third-party links and websites on the Platform for your convenience, however we do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed the third-party links or websites. We encourage you to review such third-parties’ privacy policies and practices which govern your use of those third-party sites. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to us.
Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect to provide, maintain, and support the Fake Brains Platform and to improve the overall experience for our Users. When you register as a User of Fake Brains, your profile will be publicly available by other Users of the Platform. Other Users will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Facebook. We may use your information to:
- operate and improve the Platform, internal operations, and systems;
- connect Clients, Workeres, and Leadersand facilitate transactions and payments;
- send you notifications, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment while using the Platform;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Fake Brains and others;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Platform;
- respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- place targeted advertising, like banner ads for companies, third-party products, and events, that we think you might be interested in; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
When you register to use Fake Brains business management services, you will not have a publicly available profile unless you have also registered as a User to participate in Fake Brains directed market. Information provided in connection with Fake Brains business management services will not be part of your publicly available directed marketplace User profile.
Disclosure of Information
We are not in the business of selling the personal information we collect and will share personal information with others only as described in this Policy. We may disclose or share your personal information:
- solely with regard to your name, mobile telephone number, and address, with the Client, the Workers, and Leaders related to a posted job;
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- in an emergency to protect the personal safety of any person;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business;
- with your consent or at your discretion, including if we notify you through the Platform that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- with our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the Service; and
- if we decide to share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Fake Brains expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should Users use or misuse your personal information. Fake Brains expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the information you submit to the Fake Brains Platform.
How we Protect Information
We take commercially reasonable steps online and in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of personal information provided to us. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what personal information you send to us via the Internet.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional materials from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also contact us at support@FakeBrains.com with “Privacy” in the subject line of the email and explain your request.
Update Your Information – Data Retention
Our Policies for Children
The Fake Brains Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Platform. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you become aware of any personal information we have collected from a child under 13, please contact us at support@FakeBrains.com.
Privacy Rights of California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please contact us as at support@FakeBrains.com.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
791 Southpark Dr.
Littleton, CO 80120